2/01/2012

Another Creative Writing Thing

Hey guys! Another class-related question for everyone: how does this look for a first draft for a short skit? I just wrote it, and yes, it's groan-inducing, but that's what I'm going for. Leave a comment please! Thanks!!!

Stick-Up


Robber: (walks in to room and holds up gun, pointing it at Librarian) Alright, stop what you’re doing and put your hands up. This is a robbery.


Librarian: (disbelieving) A robbery?


Robber: Of course! (waves gun in Librarian’s face) Why else would I walk in with a gun saying, “This is a robbery?”


Librarian: Well, yes, but-


Robber: (cuts Librarian off mid-sentence) AND of course, it being a robbery, I must ask you to take a step back from the counter and keep your hands where I can see them. We can’t have you pulling out any weapons or pushing any silent alarms, now can we?


Librarian: (raises hands and steps back from counter) I suppose not, but the thing is-


Robber: (cuts her off again) Now, don’t try any funny business. I’ll have you know, I’m the best of the best! I’ve been robbing convenience stores and gas stations for years, everywhere from Baltimore to Cairo!


Librarian: Cairo?


Robber: Indeed. Do you know how hard it is to make a getaway on a camel?


Librarian: I’ve never thought about it before.


Robber: Hmph, that’s what they all say. (waves gun at counter) And now, my good lady, I must ask you to empty out the cash register and hand over all of your money, or I’m afraid I’ll have to shoot you.


Librarian: (with frustration) But that’s just it, sir. I haven’t got a cash register, or any money for that matter.


Robber: (flabbergasted) What? Preposterous! What kind of store has no cash register?


Librarian: Well, this isn’t really a store…


Robber: It’s not? Well then, what the bloody hell is it!?


Librarian: A library.


Robber: (stays silent for a moment, blinking rapidly, regaining composure after a pause) … Oh. So it is… Hm… Well, have you got any jewelry?


Librarian: (shaking head) Nope.


Robber: No priceless family heirlooms, perhaps…?


Librarian: Afraid not.


Robber: (pleadingly) …not even a handful of loose change?


Librarian: (frowns, and shakes head sadly) Sorry.


Robber: (thinking hard) Well… I have to take something.


Librarian: Well, I supposed you could steal something off one of the shelves…


Robber: (gasps in astonishment, staring at Librarian with horror-stricken eyes) Are you insane!? Robbing a library’s collection is a serious offense! I wouldn’t dare risking it!


Librarian: (befuddled) Why’s that?


Robber: It’s obvious, isn’t it? If I were caught, they’d throw the book at me!

No comments:

Post a Comment